Capital Improvement Program
Notice: Test mode is enabled. While in test mode no live donations are processed.
Thank you for supporting Historic Florissant, Inc.! As we celebrate our 50th anniversary in 2019, we are proud of our accomplishments thus far and anxious to continue our work by protecting our local historic landmarks, preserving Florissant archival records and documents and restoring the beautiful Gittemeier House. Our history makes our community unique and a place young and established families flourish.
You share our conviction that Florissant derives identity, pride and hope from our shared heritage. We hope that this conviction moves you to make a contribution to support our work. Donations ensure an investment in the future of preservation advocacy, preservation action in terms of archives and future restoration efforts.
Our 2018 achievements testify to the important role Historic Florissant, Inc, plays in the Florissant community.
- Re-established a Board of 7 officers
- Acquired 15 active volunteers
- Completed a research center
- Assisted multiple local families with research
- Advocated for 3 endangered properties
- Replastered walls and ceilings
- Restored 6 rooms in the Gittemeier House
- Held fund raising events including Rosemary Davison’s 100th Birthday
- Celebration, Spring Luncheon, Gittemeier Family Reunion, 2 house tours, benefit dinner
- Created, along with Mayor Schneider, Rosemary Davison Day in Florissant
- Sponsored Kay Spring’s Reception, Coffee Talks, Evening with a Cop
- Participated in Fall Festival, Florissant Wednesday Nights Out
- Hosted Michael Sweeney, Missouri 2021 Bicentennial Coordinator
- Featured on Great Day St. Louis
- Applied for and received grants
- Updated website, social media and marketing
- Participated in Historic St. Louis Meetings, St. Louis Landmarks Meetings, DAR Meetings, City Council Meetings
In light of true transparency, our monthly expenses include:
- House Insurance and Liability $242
- Real Estate Taxes $80
- Flo. Valley Quarterly $33
- Lawn/Yard Maintenance $100
- SimpliSafe Security $15
- FreedomPop Internet $20
- WebDesign/Maintenance $60
- Ameren $170
- Spire $223
- MSD $34
- MO American Water $30
- Monthly Total $1,007
- City of Florissant Sign Fee $40
- State of MO Business Fee $20
- Old Town Partners $50
- Historic STL $50
- STL Genealogical Society $40
- MO Preservationist $45
2019 Needs Include:
- Exterior window repair
- Office Printers 1
- Exterior painting
- Office Scanners 2
- Interior Painting
- Archival Supplies
- Printing Costs
- Paving of Parking Lot
Currently we are conducting a capital improvement campaign entitled, “Restoring the Gittemeier House”, by selling bricks for our Historic Florissant virtual wall. The virtual wall is dedicated to honoring and remembering all those who love the city of Florissant and its heritage. It will be displayed on Facebook and on our website www.historicflorissant.com.
Our goal for “Restoring the Gittemeier House” campaign is $25,000.00. Monies raised from the Historic Florissant virtual wall will be used for the much-needed restoration and upkeep of the house. Here’s how you can support this campaign.
- Sponsor a virtual brick of $25 or more in your name or a name of your choice
- Sponsor a virtual brick of $100 or more in your business’ name
- Send a donation by phone or mail.
We have made donating easy! To use your credit or debit card simply call 314-565-1468.
To pay by mail simply send a check or money order to:
Historic Florissant, Inc.
1067 Dunn Rd.
Florissant, MO 63031
Please know that every donation is meaningful and a gift for which we are truly grateful. On behalf of Historic Florissant’s Board, all of our volunteers and those who appreciate our local heritage, thank you for your continued support. We cannot do our work without you!
President, Historic Florissant, Inc.